Tired. Sad. Sick. Unamused.
The title was actually what I was planning to call my blog post yesterday, considering the fact that as a going away gift from the city of Praia, I ended up with a bout of diarrhea which pretty much messed up my schedule yesterday. I think over the past four days, I have eaten three full meals, and not more than 20 hours of sleep. However, I guess it's all worked out in the end. My bags arrived and Psst! has agreed to take a small backpack back to the States with me, because even though I could fit everything inside of my hiking backpack, it was way too heavy, and lugging it around for a month probably would have killed me.
So, it's over. I finished my paperwork (probably annoying some of the PC staff in the process, sorry Luis and Maria!) and got my pin. Had two meals with the new country director, so it was good to hear what he says and thinks about the future of the program here. I think it should work out for the best.
Being sick yesterday just made it suck all the more. Between sitting on the toliet, and just not wanting to do anything, I was forced to run around and do this and that, seriously testing my patience. But I was able to get everything done, and even went out to visit the host family for the last time. My mom has a new son! He's pretty cute. I didn't get a chance to go to go visit the newbies, which sucks. I was really hoping to have a few works with the guys who were going to be sent to Mosteiros. Oh well, I am sure they will do fine.
Well, seeing that I am now running slightly late for the airport, I suppose I should go. I will continute to post blog entires (time permitting) when I am in the Middle East. Thanks to everyone who has read this over the past two years, and commented, or was able to get a little insight into my life here in Cape Verde.
I think I said it the other day, but I cannot belive this is over. I cannot believe I made it these two years. Cape Verde is a crazy place, and I am glad to have had to opportunity to have gotten to know it.
So, it's over. I finished my paperwork (probably annoying some of the PC staff in the process, sorry Luis and Maria!) and got my pin. Had two meals with the new country director, so it was good to hear what he says and thinks about the future of the program here. I think it should work out for the best.
Being sick yesterday just made it suck all the more. Between sitting on the toliet, and just not wanting to do anything, I was forced to run around and do this and that, seriously testing my patience. But I was able to get everything done, and even went out to visit the host family for the last time. My mom has a new son! He's pretty cute. I didn't get a chance to go to go visit the newbies, which sucks. I was really hoping to have a few works with the guys who were going to be sent to Mosteiros. Oh well, I am sure they will do fine.
Well, seeing that I am now running slightly late for the airport, I suppose I should go. I will continute to post blog entires (time permitting) when I am in the Middle East. Thanks to everyone who has read this over the past two years, and commented, or was able to get a little insight into my life here in Cape Verde.
I think I said it the other day, but I cannot belive this is over. I cannot believe I made it these two years. Cape Verde is a crazy place, and I am glad to have had to opportunity to have gotten to know it.


1 Comments:
Hi Jende, remember me?
I lost your contact information when I changed computers. Bobbie K. mentioned that she saw you in DC.
I'd like to hear from you again. I hope you have my e mail address, because I'm reluctant to post it here. If not, you can get it from the AHA or from Bobbie or Carol S. if you're in touch with them.
I found your writings fascinating.
Lois Lyons
Post a Comment
<< Home