It's My Life...So Boring
(roughly translated from Mandarin)
Me: So, do you find cute girls to work here so that they bring in more customers?
Female Chinese loja owner: No, but it helps my state of mind when I don’t have to stare at ugly people all day.
When I don’t have a lot to do, it makes me even lazier. Sloth upon sloth. Not good in my life right now. I wouldn’t say I’ve mentally checked out of CV, but it’s getting there. In a lot of ways, it feels like I’m just passing time till I go to the Mideast. This past Saturday was the Day of the African Child and BØRNEfonden had some activities which I participated in again. At the last minute, they wanted me to do the same origami dog-and-pony show I did last year. So I spent last Friday running around finding pseudo-origami paper (wrapping paper from a Chinese loja) and cutting it up into little pieces. I cut up a few hundred sheets of paper, and then, when the big day came, I didn’t even have a chance to use them with the kiddies, since the schedule was so packed. So now, looks like I may have a little origami project to do with the kiddies in Igreja before I bounce outta here.
But really, my like kinda mirrors the life of a great many CVian males right now, that being someone who does nothing to advance society. The routine I am looking to establish is as follows: wake up at whatever random hour (usually around 8 or 9 am, depending on the intensity of the sun and how bad I have to pee); cook some breakfast; sit around and read a bit, or think about my life; out for a walk in the next zona; come back for lunch; go practice some Chinese with the above-mentioned loja owner; go to “work;” have dinner; read for rest of night, or go rent a movie that will inevitably have parts that skip and jump, or go hang out with Lady N’s family.
Tomorrow, though, I’ll actually have to set my alarm. However, this not because I have any vital development work to do, but instead, because I have to walk to the next zona over and get my laundry. The girl we had come clean our kitchen and do our laundry decided to stop. And that’s fine. If you don’t want to work for us anymore, that’s fine. But the least you could do is tell us this minor fact, eh? But no, she doesn’t bother telling me or Faraffa this. Instead, she tells Muguy, who tells Faraffa, who passes this on to me. So, great. Thanks. If it were up to me, we wouldn’t have given her the rest of the money that we owed her, until she came up to one of us and told us that she was quitting. But whatever.
So, now I just need someone to wash sheets, towels, jeans and other larger pieces of clothing that I hate dealing with (otherwise, washing clothes by hand is fine by me). I outsourced this to someone who a) needs money more than I do and b) is actually skilled at cleaning clothes, because they’ve been doing it for most of their lives. So, of course, though there are many young, jobless CVian female, who are raising children, I knew one who can really use the money. The only thing that slightly sucks about this setup is, because she does not want to leave her kid (or is afraid I will hit on her if she comes to the apartment), I have to bring my clothes to her place for it to be washed.
So that’s it for now. Considering all my free time, you’d think I would have more time to blog, but again, there’s that laziness which I cannot seem to shake.
Me: So, do you find cute girls to work here so that they bring in more customers?
Female Chinese loja owner: No, but it helps my state of mind when I don’t have to stare at ugly people all day.
When I don’t have a lot to do, it makes me even lazier. Sloth upon sloth. Not good in my life right now. I wouldn’t say I’ve mentally checked out of CV, but it’s getting there. In a lot of ways, it feels like I’m just passing time till I go to the Mideast. This past Saturday was the Day of the African Child and BØRNEfonden had some activities which I participated in again. At the last minute, they wanted me to do the same origami dog-and-pony show I did last year. So I spent last Friday running around finding pseudo-origami paper (wrapping paper from a Chinese loja) and cutting it up into little pieces. I cut up a few hundred sheets of paper, and then, when the big day came, I didn’t even have a chance to use them with the kiddies, since the schedule was so packed. So now, looks like I may have a little origami project to do with the kiddies in Igreja before I bounce outta here.
But really, my like kinda mirrors the life of a great many CVian males right now, that being someone who does nothing to advance society. The routine I am looking to establish is as follows: wake up at whatever random hour (usually around 8 or 9 am, depending on the intensity of the sun and how bad I have to pee); cook some breakfast; sit around and read a bit, or think about my life; out for a walk in the next zona; come back for lunch; go practice some Chinese with the above-mentioned loja owner; go to “work;” have dinner; read for rest of night, or go rent a movie that will inevitably have parts that skip and jump, or go hang out with Lady N’s family.
Tomorrow, though, I’ll actually have to set my alarm. However, this not because I have any vital development work to do, but instead, because I have to walk to the next zona over and get my laundry. The girl we had come clean our kitchen and do our laundry decided to stop. And that’s fine. If you don’t want to work for us anymore, that’s fine. But the least you could do is tell us this minor fact, eh? But no, she doesn’t bother telling me or Faraffa this. Instead, she tells Muguy, who tells Faraffa, who passes this on to me. So, great. Thanks. If it were up to me, we wouldn’t have given her the rest of the money that we owed her, until she came up to one of us and told us that she was quitting. But whatever.
So, now I just need someone to wash sheets, towels, jeans and other larger pieces of clothing that I hate dealing with (otherwise, washing clothes by hand is fine by me). I outsourced this to someone who a) needs money more than I do and b) is actually skilled at cleaning clothes, because they’ve been doing it for most of their lives. So, of course, though there are many young, jobless CVian female, who are raising children, I knew one who can really use the money. The only thing that slightly sucks about this setup is, because she does not want to leave her kid (or is afraid I will hit on her if she comes to the apartment), I have to bring my clothes to her place for it to be washed.
So that’s it for now. Considering all my free time, you’d think I would have more time to blog, but again, there’s that laziness which I cannot seem to shake.


3 Comments:
since you are bored mister...I am tagging you.... http://misfitduck.com/archives/206
Ha! Too late! Go back to my 06 June post! I've already been tagged by some crazy lady obsessed with goats!
yeah, she told me on my tagging entry. I will get ya!! One day mister...one day
Post a Comment
<< Home