TACV....GAH!!!!!
How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.
Let's see, today, the plane was late. That in and among itself is not that unusual. And whatever, it was made up by the fact that the plane we were on was a newer model, or something you must have recently purchased. Great. Nice to fly in a plane that is kinda clean.
So, we land. And then, into the nice and new airport. And some of the bags come through. And then nothing. And we stand there and wait. And wait some more. And then a cluster of people at by the door, talking with a woman in a TACV outfit.
And I get this bad feeling in my stomach. And I go over there. And I find out that for whatever reason, TACV didn't load half of the luggage of the people on the plane. Well, I am sure they had a reason. It's probably just a stupid one.
So, it sucks for me because in addition to my backpack, I had two other bags, filled with crap that needs to be with me here in Praia. But it sucks even more for the other people on the plane, because half of them are leaving later today in the afternoon to fly to America. On a flight that only goes to America once a week. And the next plane from Fogo, which may or may not have our luggage, will be coming tomorrow morning.
Then when I talked to the lady at the lost and found, she said it isn't TACV policy to give money for taxi rides if I have to come and retrieve my luggage. So, they screw up and not put my bags on the plane that I'm on, and I have to pay 500$00 each way to get my bags.
Of course, TACV told me they would drop my bags off for me at the PC office, which I believe they will somehow screw up. But really, I just don't want to deal with it, so we'll give this a try. I have some hope to see the bags before I leave Praia, but am not holding my breath.
So great going, TACV. Keep up the good work!
Let's see, today, the plane was late. That in and among itself is not that unusual. And whatever, it was made up by the fact that the plane we were on was a newer model, or something you must have recently purchased. Great. Nice to fly in a plane that is kinda clean.
So, we land. And then, into the nice and new airport. And some of the bags come through. And then nothing. And we stand there and wait. And wait some more. And then a cluster of people at by the door, talking with a woman in a TACV outfit.
And I get this bad feeling in my stomach. And I go over there. And I find out that for whatever reason, TACV didn't load half of the luggage of the people on the plane. Well, I am sure they had a reason. It's probably just a stupid one.
So, it sucks for me because in addition to my backpack, I had two other bags, filled with crap that needs to be with me here in Praia. But it sucks even more for the other people on the plane, because half of them are leaving later today in the afternoon to fly to America. On a flight that only goes to America once a week. And the next plane from Fogo, which may or may not have our luggage, will be coming tomorrow morning.
Then when I talked to the lady at the lost and found, she said it isn't TACV policy to give money for taxi rides if I have to come and retrieve my luggage. So, they screw up and not put my bags on the plane that I'm on, and I have to pay 500$00 each way to get my bags.
Of course, TACV told me they would drop my bags off for me at the PC office, which I believe they will somehow screw up. But really, I just don't want to deal with it, so we'll give this a try. I have some hope to see the bags before I leave Praia, but am not holding my breath.
So great going, TACV. Keep up the good work!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home