09 July 2006

Well, tomorrow me and...

...Some Girl shall be heading off to Dakar. It has been totally crazy these past few days in Praia with the new PCT's in town, as well as hanging out with fellow PCVs. There is always the regular drama and smack-talk (two things, first, I am on 3, not 4, and second, we did not move the stove or fridge) which has been fun.

According to my passport, June 10th of last year is when we arrived in Praia. So I'll be celebrating my one year by going off to explore Africa. It seems fitting that it would be like this.

Meeting the new PCT's has been fun. I had emailed with a few of them, and gave them the link to my blog, which they actually seemed to have read. It was funny for me at the airport when Servant of the Mind walked up to me and said "I recognize you!" and remembered the story about my flat tire coming back from D.C. (and yes, even though I hardly know these people, I'll still be giving them nicknames).

I am interested to see how PST goes this year, and wish that I would have had more time to talk to the PCT's right now. I wont be back to Training till the last three weeks or so, and would be interested to see how their views of everything will change and evolve over time. I got word that my host family did get another PCT, a girl this time, which I am very happy about. I hope they get along well.

Well, I was going to complain some about the Embassy not inviting PCV's to their 4th of July celebrations, but I really need to go. I expect to have some email access while I am in Africa, and would love to hear from ya'll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home