adjusting sucks.
So now I am in the suburbs, after spending a delightful half a week in the city. The 'burbs have its advantages and disadvantages of course. For the first time since arriving in the States, I have a bedroom I can use for a few days, that is private. So I can finally empty out my hiking backpack and repack it, after the security people at El Al tore through it.
Finally, I thought, I would go buy a cell phone today. Of course, it didn't happen. By the time I finally made it to the bus stop, I had just missed the bus and the next one wouldn't be coming for an hour. Then, as I was trying to decide if I should take the bus going the other way to the mall, that bus pulled up across the street, and then drove away as I just started at it.
I think I have this need to get up and go out everyday, this being because for the past month, that is basically what I have been doing. I don't actually want to get up and go out, but something still makes me do it. And then when I don't accomplish it, I feel like crap, and just go home and want to mope at my inability to successfully nagivate my way through modern Western society.
I really want to talk to friends on the phone, but I really do not have the will to get a cell phone. I think I am dealing with a bit of post service depression, or difficulty in adjusting or something. Everything in this country just seems really impossible to do. Gah!
Finally, I thought, I would go buy a cell phone today. Of course, it didn't happen. By the time I finally made it to the bus stop, I had just missed the bus and the next one wouldn't be coming for an hour. Then, as I was trying to decide if I should take the bus going the other way to the mall, that bus pulled up across the street, and then drove away as I just started at it.
I think I have this need to get up and go out everyday, this being because for the past month, that is basically what I have been doing. I don't actually want to get up and go out, but something still makes me do it. And then when I don't accomplish it, I feel like crap, and just go home and want to mope at my inability to successfully nagivate my way through modern Western society.
I really want to talk to friends on the phone, but I really do not have the will to get a cell phone. I think I am dealing with a bit of post service depression, or difficulty in adjusting or something. Everything in this country just seems really impossible to do. Gah!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home