11 June 2005

Saying Goodbye (and Hello!)

Well, this is probably going to be my last post from D.C. This afternoon, I’m getting my vastly overpriced rental car, for my two-day drive out to Minneapolis. I’m like 90% packed. I have most everything in boxes, but I guess I’m not super worried, since I’m in a car, and it’s not like I just can’t toss stuff into it, wherever it will fit. And so, tomorrow morning, I’m outta here. I’ve been in D.C. for about three years plus one month. I knew when I graduated from the U of M, that I had to leave Minneapolis. Didn’t matter where, but being in the Twin Cities for two decades was enough. Getting an internship, and then a job with the AHA was like getting my prayers answered (ah hah hah).

Always in retrospect, I know that I didn’t get to know this city as well as I could have. It’s so easy to get comfortable in life, and not want to explore, even with all of the neat things to do. But it was good to be living in the nation’s capital, and seeing all that went on here. I’ll miss it, but I’m sure that I’ll be back.

I’m always excited about going/doing something new, but on the flip side, I’m bummed out by everything and everyone that I’m going to be leaving here. Saying goodbye to people over the course of the last week has been tough, and even though I will be heading back to Mpls to see and hang out with a bunch of friends that I haven’t spent too much time with in the past few years, it still sucks to be going.

I’m not even in the phase yet where I’m thinking too much about the Peace Corps. There’s just been so much to do these past few weeks, I haven’t had time to focus. Life in Mpls, at least for a few days, will be slow, and I should be able to relax and unwind a bit as I pack up everything in my room and move it to the basement.

And it could be very random posting from Mpls, because I realized that I don’t even have a modem in this computer, so who knows where I’ll be posting from.

And for all of the new people reading the blog, welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself!

Here we go!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bye bye Jende! I am missing you already. Allison is having a party this Friday...and you are not coming...sigh

10:27 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You tease: "Getting an internship, and then a job with the AHA was like getting my prayers answered (ah hah hah)."
I will be in the cities in two days and counting.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home