25 January 2007

I Just Need To Clear My Vision…

You know those sunglass clipons that, quite frankly, I think look dorky in the States? I brought a pair with me for Cape Verde, since I didn’t want to shell out even more money in order to have a totally separate pair of prescription sunglasses. So, I don’t like using them that much, but since I have gotten into the habit of doing so, people are absolutely amazed by them. Most times, when people see me holding them in my hand, they always ask me if my glasses were broke. I smile and say no, and then demonstrate how they clip on to my regular pair of glasses, which I think will be lucky to survive the rest of my PC service. These past few months have not been nice to them.

The reaction I get from some people, you’d think I pulled a rabbit out of my ear or something. People are always amazed, and stare intently at my shades, probably willing them to fall off, to prove me wrong. Though they don’t appear stylin’ to me, everyone else seems to approve, and many a times, little children (well, mainly Ruben and TonyZ) have made a grab for them.

Book Review

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
Funny, when I picked up this book, I thought it wouldn’t possibly cover any themes that I would associate back to my life, but it actually did. So, never say you can’t learn something from a green skinned lady. It was an interesting book, was not insightful about evil as the back of the cover tried to make it out to be. One line in particular that I liked was the one, where a character, when talking about other people, said that people who claim they are bad are usually just harmless; it’s people who say they are good that you need to be wary of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home