14 September 2005

First Day Jitters

Here I am, sitting in my counterpart's office, typing on his laptop because the Camera's computer connection is out. Today is my first day on the job, and I have no real idea what it is that I am doing here. My counterpart wasn't in the office when I first got here, so I went to this other guy's office that we had stopped by, and once I was there, he wanted me to try to install some antivirus software on his computer, but I coundn't make it happen. Then he wanted me to figure out why his internet connection wasn't working, which I couldn't do either. It didn't help that Windows is in Portuguese, a language I only have a very very basic grasp of. But then he said that the internet for all of the Camera is out, so then I realized that there is nothing I can do. So, then there was some more sitting around in his office until I asked if my counterpart was actually here. And so now I am here. He wanted to very much make sure that I could get on the internet, so I thought I would quickly send this shout out. I am not sure if I can be on here for a while, or if I should get off soon. So, yeah, it's a life of confusion right now.
 
So much more to say, don't have a clue how to say it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home